19.7.10

We added to our family shortly after our loss. It was as much for Chace and Cole as it was for me. A friend at work told me about a litter of kittens whom was living in a barn and were to be destroyed if no one was interested. My boys had been asking me for months for a "kit kit" and I tend to be a sucker for "misfits". The litter was 5wks old and there was only one orange in the bunch...she was also the runt. "I'll take her". Talk about spontaneous life changing decisions!! I brought her home the very next day, while the boys were at school and took to nursing this little creature to health. I bottle fed her, bathed her, and poured all the love I held for my now lost baby into this wanton little furball who fit into the palm of my hand. Finally the healing began - for us both. I felt the pieces of my broken heart slowly start to piece back together again, and I cried. I sobbed. I talked to God. For the first time since, I let myself. God had given me a baby, just not in the form I was expecting.
When the boys came home, their faces lit up like a Christmas Tree....it filled my heart. Chace, the animal lover, cradled her, bottle fed her and took her to bed every night. Those 2 bonded amazingly. Cole stuck with his dog, and Cassy was grateful to still have a friend lol.
Chace named our kitten "Chloe". and today she is almost 4 months old. So I know have 4 children, two of which are "furbabies" :)
God is Good.

No comments: