29.7.10

Hero




I suppose everyone has a hero in life. My hero is my late grandfather. December 2008 dear Gramps went Home, and I still catch myself sometimes picking up the phone and dialing his number for our weekly phone date.

My grandfather was my idolized man. He was loyal, hardworking, honest, and never had a problem looking anyone in the eye. I am thankful he blessed me with my father.

I came across some old photos of my grandfather and I today and I got caught up in reminiscing. Tears fell as I came across the photo of him holding Chace for the first time, and I am so grateful my new age heroes got to meet the man that made my world whole.

I miss you Gramps. I miss your voice. I miss our weekly phone dates and your chuckle. I miss the part of my Dad that went with you.


1 comment:

carolyn and steve said...

He sure looks proud holding Chace. How special that he met your boys before going home.