Cassy and I have enjoyed runs together, studied for university together, gone through pregnancy together, suffered through an abusive marriage together, swam together, cried together, hiked together, became single moms together, and everything else in between. My children adore her, and the feeling is mutual. I feel I have to write about this dear dog because she doesn't get the attention she so craves and deserves all the time. I'm a working mom of 2 young children and at the end of the day if someone is forgotten, it's her. Although that doesn't stop her from quietly laying with us as we read bedtime stories, gently placing her head on my lap as I attempt to study until 3am, and tolerating the kitten!
Cassy is now 10 and the vet has told me I will be lucky to have another year or two with her. Cassy has cancer, and so far is in remission the past 3 years. She is a beautiful spirit and we love her....more than most people would understand.
Cassy you ROCK! xoxo
No comments:
Post a Comment