This year Chace's birthday celebrations were special. They are every year, but this one held extra meaning to us. Grampa had planned a fishing party for my prince, and it was after he passed away in March that we found out. Fishing was a bond my Dad and I shared, so it overwhelmed me that he would do that for my son.
Fraser Valley Trout Hatchery here in Abbotsford hosts birthday parties, which I wasn't aware of, and let me tell you, it's a blast!! I'd do it over playplace parties ANY day!! Chace and his classmates had a great time, which is wonderful, and I am so very thankful to the moms that stayed to lend a hand with the rods and baiting of hooks :)
The weather magically held out for us today too ~ our thunderstorm hit as we were driving home, which we all laughed and cheered about!! :)
Everyone had a super great time, which was this Mommy's goal. Have to admit that today was bittersweet for me, my Dad would have loved to be in the fishin fun with a bunch of 6yr old boys...I know he was watching over us though, cause the forecasted thunderstorm didn't start until the last rod was put away again.
I wouldn't have been able to pull this off without the help of my wonderful neighbors, and friends...thankyou so much for lending patience, hands, and humor to a hectic day :)
ANd thanks Daddy, for such an awesome idea, and for being with us, in spirit.
2 comments:
Hi Deanne:) What a wonderful, wonderful birthday party for your miniman,Chace. He is old enough now for this to be a great memory. I am sure he will pass this tradition to his kids someday:) Wouldnt that be great? I just love all of your pictures of this special day:)
Hugs,
Cakes
The pictures are great and what a wonderful way for Chace to spend his 6 th birthday with Granpa's idea put into effect WONDERFUL love g/g/mum ♥
Post a Comment