2.7.12


Hi Daddy.  Wow. It's been almost 4 months since we've laughed, ganged up on Mom, or hugged. I miss you. Every single breath, every single minute, of every single day. You truly are the definition of Hero, and I count my lucky stars that I had you for 31 beautifully blessed years.  I still wish I had you for 50 more though.
The boys talk about you lot's. We talk about you lot's, and they ask me to tell stories about you.  bedtime routine is now story telling about our favorite Man.
Daddy, I wonder if you're with Gramps, I hope you are. I wonder if you're finally "retired" and can stop answering all those service calls.  "What Doing Daddy?". Most of all, I'm thankful you're not working 20 hours a day anymore.



I am so very grateful that my sons got to have you in their lives, as short as it was. I am so thankful they have memories to hold onto, late at night, when tears and heartache get the best of them.  You were an amazing father. Not just cause you are mine, but because I knew I was loved, and important,  just by being in the same room as you. But you were an even more amazing Grandfather. What a gift, to my sons, and to me, for I was able to watch my childhood all over again, as you interacted with those two wonderful little boys.  
Countless memories flood me, without warning, at any given time of day, and I stop and smile, and hold them close. I've tried to express just how special You and Me are. But I've realized it's just so special cause only 2 people truly understood ; You and Me.
I meant what I said, the last time I looked into your eyes : I adore you. You are my world, and cherish every single second of those 31 years I had you.  I Love You Daddy.

1 comment:

Joan said...

This is so beautiful to read sweetheart you had a very special bond with your Dad and he with you he was a wonderful Dad and Grand-Dad God Bless you love g/mum xoxoxoxoxoxo