Sooo last week I took it upon myself to assemble the boys' bunkbed set. All by myself (save for the extremely helpful assistant in overalls who kept asking what every other part was as he handed them to me). What an ordeal that was! Who knew you had to put together the top bunk FIRST?!?! certainly not me.
Assembling the 2 beds was a piece of cake. Problem -solving the dilemma of how to lift the fully assembled top bed onto the bottom? Now that took some innovation. And a lot of sweat and tears.
The end result sooo worth it, seeing my boys' faces light up as we wandered through WalMart, picking out brand new sheets.... each boy overwhelmed with the choice fully being their own.
That night as I tucked my little men in, Chace thanked me for working so hard when I never have to, just to make him and his brother smile. My eyes welled up. "You're very welcome my son, anytime."
As I walked out of their room, I heard a whispered voice say, "God, I love this new bed, sleeping up here makes me closer to you, and I can help you babysit Mommy's baby."
Silent tears fell as I went about my nightly "Mommy chores".
BEing a Mother ROCKS.
1 comment:
Such a sweet and precious prayer. Good job with the beds too, that looks tricky.
Post a Comment